1 egg/ 55g
100g castor sugar
300g plain flour
- Cream butter and sugar lightly, add the egg then beat until well combined and creamy.
- Add flour and combine until well mixed.
- Then wrap in cling wrap and chill until firm, 24hours is always good.
- Roll out pastry to 4mm thickness.
- Cut the pastry with a cookie cutter to fit the size of your baking pan, pie tin or tartlet tin.
If you are using the pastry for a large sweet pie, use a knife to cut the pastry to the correct size of your baking tin.
- Bake in 180 degree oven until golden brown
- Store in airtight container
- If using this pastry for Fruit Mince Tarts then par bake bases first then fill with your favorite fruit mince. You can then decorate the top by cutting out stars with your pastry.
Brushing tops of the pies/tarts with a egg wash, sprinkle with castor sugar & bake until golden brown.
*Please note the reciple may vary for different sized baking trays.
December is here so I suggest you start practising your Fruit Mince Tarts before Santa arrives.
Merry Christmas to you all!